Saturday, June 15, 2013

Update

Hello out there world:)

Well it's been a week since I last wrote.  And what a week it's been.  I am still eating WAY way less but I'm still not doing a good enough job of eating the right things and I have to get better at that without the aid of the phentermine. More on that later.

I can tell my tummy is shrinking which is step one.  Now I need to eat better.  Sugar is not my issue.  Carbs that convert to sugar are the devil.  Conquering them is step two.  Step three: I still need to get my butt moving.  I love to walk, but as per any Tennessee spring, it went from 70 degrees to 100 degrees overnight and I am only motivated to walk to my mailbox and back when it's oppressive heat like that.  So I need to get back on the elliptical and back to zumba in my living room. It's quite a wake up call when to get life insurance the company wants to send someone to your house for vitals and bloodwork. Geesh.

So why only one month on the phentermine? Simple: money

I'm a stress eater and these next few weeks will be a big test for me in that department.  You see at 9am this morning, right before Mark left for work, his supervisor called.  As of today, yep... TODAY, there are no more Gold Buying Centers... period.  He was asked to come in and turn in the key and break down the computer and that's it.  No warning, no prep time, and smack in the midst of trying to regroup after the worst financial year of our lives...WHAM! We're screwed.  But hopefully not for long.  Mark thinks this will be the start of bigger and better things and his confidence is making me more confident... but the worry wart in me is still freaking out about losing our spot at Ellie's daycare and managing to pay bills. And the life insurance we just bought will have to go as well. But I have to give this to God, keep working hard, and trust that whether it's pretty or not, we'll come out on the other side of this at some point.  Anyone have some winning lotto numbers they want to part with in the meantime?  :)

That's all for now.  This hit to us does not mean I'm throwing in the towel... just means that it's going to be more of a challenge.  Here we go!!

No comments:

Post a Comment